People from all over the world who wish to come to the UK to work can apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa. This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa. Skilled workers from other countries can be offered
a job and certificate of sponsorship from a UK’s licensed sponsor to bring them to the UK labor force.
This is a point-based system. One must score a minimum of 70 points to qualify for the Skilled Worker Visa route. The points can be earned against defined parameters like specific skills, qualifications, salaries, and profession.
Process for skilled worker visa
The first thing is to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the visa. Following are the eligibility conditions for a skilled worker visa.
1. You must have a job offer from a UK employer who holds a sponsor licence approved by the Home Office.
2. You must receive a certificate of sponsorship from your employer that contains information about the job role you have been offered in the UK.
3. Your job must be on the list of eligible occupations under Appendix Skilled Occupations of the Immigration Rules.
4. You must be paid a minimum salary of £25600 or according to the skilled occupations whichever is higher.
5. For Health and Care worker roles the salary is different and they need criminal records checks including some other roles on the Skilled Worker list.
6. You must be able to pass the level B1 exam or have a degree from the UK or English Majority Speaking country or be recognized by UK NARIC (also known as ECCTIS).
The employer may need to prove that your role is a genuine role, however, this will depend on the role you are being employed under. You may need to provide evidence of your skills and experience to prove
If you are looking for professional advice and representation on your skilled worker visa application, you can contact Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org